Defining Technology Composite
Technology Modelling – Defining Technology Composites
A Technology Composite, in the Essential Meta Model, captures a high-level logical technology component that is made up of other Technology Components in the architecture. This tutorial introduces Technology Composites and describes how they are captured.
Technology Composites are Technology Components that are made up of other Technology Components and have a defining architecture which describes the Technology Components that are used to make the composite, i.e. a configuration. You would typically use this to describe how your organisation configures a component architecture
To define a Technology Composite:
- Give the new Technology Composite a name and description
- Create a new instance of a Technology Component Architecture
- Complete the Technology Component Architecture – see: Define Technology Component Architecture
You can define the Technology Product Build Roles that implement this Technology Composite from here if you wish to define your architecture top-down.
- Define the Technology Product Build Roles that implement this Technology Architecture in the ‘Provided by Technology Providers’ field of the Technology Composite – see: Define Technology Provider Role
- Create new instances of Technology Product Build Roles as required, e.g. for production, development, and test builds.
Updated 31 October 2023