Using import utility via Tomcat 9 on fresh Ubuntu

privateJin

Hi All,

I'm currently facing this issue on my fresh Ubuntu Virtualbox when I try to import data. I've tried reinstalling java, python, tomcat, redeploying the war file but none of this work. Things to note is I've tried to do the same on other Ubuntu virtual box and it works smoothly. It's just this particular VM that has this error. I've no idea whether is it due to some packages not installed on this fresh Ubuntu VM or what.

"Saving and extracting project zip file...
Project files uploaded successfully.

Script Exception:javax.script.ScriptException: org.python.antlr.ParseException: org.python.antlr.ParseException: encoding declaration in Unicode string
at org.python.jsr223.PyScriptEngine.scriptException(PyScriptEngine.java:226)
at org.python.jsr223.PyScriptEngine.compileScript(PyScriptEngine.java:93)
at org.python.jsr223.PyScriptEngine.eval(PyScriptEngine.java:31)
at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:264)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.scripting.ScriptJob.execute(ScriptJob.java:268)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.integration.core.IntegrationEngine.processIntegrationScript(IntegrationEngine.java:647)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.integration.core.IntegrationEngine.executeWithoutTransform(IntegrationEngine.java:362)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.integration.ProtegeIntegrationManager.initChunkedImport(ProtegeIntegrationManager.java:296)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.ui.RunLocalImportActivityComposer$3.onEvent(RunLocalImportActivityComposer.java:351)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.event.impl.DesktopEventQueue$AsyncListenerThread.run(DesktopEventQueue.java:218)
Caused by: org.python.antlr.ParseException: encoding declaration in Unicode string
at org.python.core.ParserFacade.prepBufReader(ParserFacade.java:281)
at org.python.core.ParserFacade.parseExpressionOrModule(ParserFacade.java:123)
at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.compile(PythonInterpreter.java:321)
at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.compile(PythonInterpreter.java:317)
at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.compile(PythonInterpreter.java:309)
at org.python.jsr223.PyScriptEngine.compileScript(PyScriptEngine.java:87)
at org.python.jsr223.PyScriptEngine.eval(PyScriptEngine.java:31)
at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(AbstractScriptEngine.java:264)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.scripting.ScriptJob.execute(ScriptJob.java:268)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.integration.core.IntegrationEngine.processIntegrationScript(IntegrationEngine.java:647)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.integration.core.IntegrationEngine.executeWithoutTransform(IntegrationEngine.java:362)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.integration.ProtegeIntegrationManager.initChunkedImport(ProtegeIntegrationManager.java:296)
at com.enterprise_architecture.essential.importutility.ui.RunLocalImportActivityComposer$3.onEvent(RunLocalImportActivityComposer.java:351)
at org.zkoss.zk.ui.event.impl.DesktopEventQueue$AsyncListenerThread.run(DesktopEventQueue.java:218)
org.python.antlr.ParseException: org.python.antlr.ParseException: encoding declaration in Unicode string"
neil.walsh

Hi,

I'm not sure what might cause this but the "encoding" part of the error suggests the operating system isn't configured for UTF8. This could be a "locale" configuration issue. Did you set the two VMs up with different locales?

This stack exchange post might help your investigation.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/298971/ ... able-local

Let me know how you get on.

Neil
privateJin

neil.walsh wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 11:31 Hi,

I'm not sure what might cause this but the "encoding" part of the error suggests the operating system isn't configured for UTF8. This could be a "locale" configuration issue. Did you set the two VMs up with different locales?

This stack exchange post might help your investigation.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/298971/ ... able-local

Let me know how you get on.

Neil
Currently, I've tried the commands in the post. However, it does not work. Currently, I'm facing this on a RHEL9 (AWS EC2) and a Ubuntu(VirtualBox) both having 8gb ram size (I've also ensure that on tomcat settings).
neil.walsh

Can you confirm you are using Java 8 and not any later version?
privateJin

neil.walsh wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 15:34 Can you confirm you are using Java 8 and not any later version?
For the RHEL9, I've installed "java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel".
Just to double check, do I have to install Protege or anything else? Currently, the fresh RHEL9 only installed tomcat and copy the war files into tomcat's webapp folder.

I also faced this error:
"javax.script.ScriptException: NameError: name 'EssentialGetInstance' is not defined in script at line number 1
Script Exception:javax.script.ScriptException: NameError: name 'EssentialGetInstance' is not defined in script at line number 1"
Last edited by privateJin on 28 Feb 2024, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
neil.walsh

You will at least need to install Protege and the Essential Widgets

https://enterprise-architecture.org/pro ... -download/

Have you followed all the instructions for single user installation?

https://enterprise-architecture.org/uni ... tallation/

All that said, you can probably just workaround this by not uploading the project and using the import utility to only generate DUP files which you apply manually to the repository. This mirrors the behaviour we offer in Essential Cloud and most customers find this preferable. We also have plans to remove the direct Viewer and Repository integration from the Import Utility in a future release to make this applications more straightforward to use and setup. As it will align with Essential Cloud, it will also make the application more straightforward to maintain.
privateJin

neil.walsh wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 14:26 You will at least need to install Protege and the Essential Widgets

https://enterprise-architecture.org/pro ... -download/

Have you followed all the instructions for single user installation?

https://enterprise-architecture.org/uni ... tallation/

All that said, you can probably just workaround this by not uploading the project and using the import utility to only generate DUP files which you apply manually to the repository. This mirrors the behaviour we offer in Essential Cloud and most customers find this preferable. We also have plans to remove the direct Viewer and Repository integration from the Import Utility in a future release to make this applications more straightforward to use and setup. As it will align with Essential Cloud, it will also make the application more straightforward to maintain.
I fully installed every packages and still face the same issue. I've also made sure to download the right java version. I'll use the DUP files. The method would be to use Import utility to create the DUP file and then proceed with applying the DUP file using Protege?
neil.walsh

Yes, that's correct.