Import Utility is not reading worksheets for Excel upload

ben.ralph.nmc

Hi

I'm trying to do my first upload to Essential OS but the Import Utility is not reading the worksheets in the Excel file.

I have downloaded the XML (Excel) file from the Launchpad Export page and made edits to the business domains and business capabilities tabs. I've configured the Import Utility and successfully tested the connection to my Essential Viewer. When I create a new import activity the worksheets from the Excel file are not being displayed in the Select Worksheets' section. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
JohnM

Can I just check, are you saving the XML file as an Excel before you upload it to the import utility?
ben.ralph.nmc

Hi John, yes I'm saving the file as Excel (.xlsx) file for the upload.
ben.ralph.nmc

Hi John

I've diagnosed the issue. I needed to upload the import specification.
dhaya.karuthedathu

Hi,

A newbie here can you please advise how you got the import specification file.
I am trying to get excel or XML import from the initial data load and I cant seem to figure out from where I can get the excel or XML import specification file.
I am using the essential_baseline_v6.15 and trying to make sure the import works before i deal with actual data

Thanks in advance.
JohnM

Hi,

Just request Launchpad to import the Excel, register here https://enterprise-architecture.org/ess ... nchpad.php and the team will send you a pack.

John