"HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error" on "Technology Platform Model" View

xiaoqi

Hello,

We've modeled our application list into "Application Catalogue", now I have one question about the two pop-up items when clicking the application name link: "Technology Platform Model" and "Technology Strategy Alignment". (See attached picture: 20240507-app-tech-1.png).

I found both links are actually pointing to the same xsl file: technology/core_tl_app_tech_alignment.xsl (I've already enabled this report in Viewer's Report list), however with below slightly different URL:
The difference is first loads with "uml_model.jsp", while 2nd loads with "report".

In my published viewer, I got error for "Technology Platform Model": see image 20240507-technology-platform-model.png; and OK to display on "Technology Strategy Alignment: see image 20240507-Application-Technology-Strategy-Alignment.png.

I'm using Windows 11, Essential Viewer with 6.20 Update Pack.

I've checked the viewer folder, able to find "uml_models.jsp" are in some files' code, e.g. reportXML.xml, core_menu.xsl, core_uml_model_links.xsl, core_utilities.xsl. But I don't find the file itself exists in the folder.

Any hints on this error? Thanks greatly.
Xiaoqi

Here I've paste the error message in text:

Code: Select all

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error
Type Exception Report

Message An exception occurred processing [uml_model.jsp] at line [113]

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing [uml_model.jsp] at line [113]

110: 	
111: 			SourceStringReader reader = new SourceStringReader(umlScript);
112: 			// Write the image to "png"
113: 			String desc = reader.generateImage(png);
114: 			png.close();
115: 		
116: 			imageMap.put(imageNameHash, imagePath);	

Stacktrace:
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:610)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:499)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:379)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:327)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:623)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)
	com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.LoadCSRF.doFilter(LoadCSRF.java:109)
	com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.FilterSetLoggingContext.doFilter(FilterSetLoggingContext.java:90)
Root Cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
	net.sourceforge.plantuml.SourceStringReader.generateImage(SourceStringReader.java:111)
	org.apache.jsp.uml_005fmodel_jsp._jspService(uml_005fmodel_jsp.java:246)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:466)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:379)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:327)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)
	com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.LoadCSRF.doFilter(LoadCSRF.java:109)
	com.enterprise_architecture.essential.report.FilterSetLoggingContext.doFilter(FilterSetLoggingContext.java:90)
Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.

Apache Tomcat/9.0.86
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi,

The Technology Platform Model View is no longer supported. This should be labelled as deprecated. That's a bug we'll address in the next release. I recommend you turn off the view and menu item to prevent this being shown.

The Technology Strategy Alignment view looks like either you are accessing this view directly (without a PMA value in the URL) therefore it doesn't have any context for (i.e. an application) for showing the data; or there is a problem with the data in the View. If you have a look at the Javascript console in the browser, you might see an error. If so, post it here and we'll take a look.

Neil
xiaoqi

Thanks Neil, I've disabled the report "Core: Application Technology Platform Model" and also remove the Report_Menu, now it's not misleading the people when they browsing the views.

For Technology Alignment, I don't see error in JavaScript console, refer to attached image please. So I think it's due to my data issue, I'll follow the guide in university site again for making one more model and see.

Regards, Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.