Error when submit a post: You are blocked

xiaoqi

Does anyone see this before? I just compose one another post and get this when try to either Submit or "Save draft".

Thanks a lot,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xiaoqi

It is so strange that this post is allowed submitting but blocked another one, in same PC (same IP) and without special character, will try to re-compose and try.
neil.walsh

Hi xiaoqi,

Can you let me know which country you were posting from and I'll look at the logs for anything special? Also, were you using a VPN which may have been hosted elsewhere?

We use Cloudflare to provide a security layer to our web proprieties and it is this service which is blocking your submission.

The most likely problem was if you are trying to submit inline snippets of code as an example for discussion. This can look like you are trying to perform some form of SQL injection attack to our site. Attaching them in a text file is a better way around this.

Thanks

Neil
xiaoqi

Hello,

Thanks for response, I'm sitting in Canada, and yes, I'm behind company VPN, when the VPN connected, I see the gateway is also using Canada, so the location is same.

I'm attached my message in attached as one image, and there's one line of code in the middle, not sure whether that line is pointed by security software as risk.

Regards,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi xiaoqi,

Thanks. I can see in the logs, your post was blocked by Cloudflare as it looked to that service like you were trying to perform an SQL injection attack. I'd suggest if you have this issue again in the future to post any code snippets in an attachment rather than inline.

This seems to be rather a rare occurrence so you may find that posting other snippets works fine.

Best,

Neil
xiaoqi

Great catch! I've tried again and put content with the code block into the attached image, now the question is able to posted.

Thanks a lot!
Xiaoqi