[Help] Model opening error saying "Loading ontology changes..."

xiaoqi

Hello,

Today after my Windows PC reboot, I got attached pop up saying it's processing of "loading ontology changes", but it's not stopped, and nothing response either "Hide" or "Cancel".

There's error message shown in the protege terminal:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at edu.stanford.bmir.protegex.chao.change.api.ChangeFactory.getAllComposite_ChangeObjects(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changeanalysis.util.DataFacade.initDataCollections(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changeanalysis.util.DataFacade.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changeanalysis.util.DataFacade.getInstance(Unknown Source)
        at edu.stanford.smi.protegex.changeanalysis.ChangeAnalysisTab$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Started Collaborative Protege on Sun May 19 16:07:34 EDT 2024
If I close the terminal, the Protege is closed, so now I cannot enter my project.

Before I have to load my latest backup, which means I'll lose one full week's work, is there any hint to help me fix this error?

Thanks greatly,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi,

This is unusual error.

Did you recently make any configuration changes, e.g., enabling Collaboration features?

Have you been running the Collaboration features?

Can you confirm you are using Java 8 with this installation?

Are you seeing any related database errors?

Let me know,

Neil
xiaoqi

Hi Neil,

Sorry for not replying in-time, I have some urgent modeling so I had to restored to one earlier backup and redo the work in the past days instead troubleshooting.

Now got time to check this, yes, even I use in standalone Protege, I had activated the "ChangeAnalysis" tab to record the change log.

Here is my java version:

Code: Select all

openjdk 11.0.16.1 2022-08-12 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-40648 (build 11.0.16.1+1-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Microsoft-40648 (build 11.0.16.1+1-LTS, mixed mode)
When it happens, it's just freezing in frontend so nothing can click, and I don't have backend database for this now.

Thanks a lot,
Xiaoqi
neil.walsh

Hi,

As mentioned on our download page, Essential only supports Java 8 and will likely cause issues such as the ones shown with any other version. You have Java 11 installed. Can you try installing Java 8 and see if the issues resolve themselves.

Thanks

Neil
xiaoqi

Thanks Neil, I'll try to configure to downgrade Java to 8 and observe this.