launchpad spreadsheet sync with repository and viewer

vivek

Hi,
I am using Essential cloud and am using Launchpad spreadsheets to bulk import data into the repository.
The steps I am following are as follows:

a) Use import utility to import the spreadsheet, generate a DUP and download DUP file
b) Use Import Data utility to import DUP file from a) into repository
c) publish from repository to viewer.

While I can see new data from spreadsheet into repository and then to published viewers, I also notice that it is not a full overwrite as I expected. Instead the new data from spreadsheet is imported but the deleted data in spreadsheet and the relationships are retained in the repository.
For example I am working on an Application reference model and I deleted a few apps and removed physical process to app mapping from the spreadsheet.
However that is still showing up in the repository and the viewer. So the new data in the spreadsheet is uploaded into the repository but the deleted data from the spreadsheet is not deleted from the repository.

A couple of questions

a) Is there a simple process to update repository, ie. replace repository with contents of updated spreadsheet instead of going through a) to c) above.
b) Is there a setting that ensures a full overwrite of the repository, so that the launchpad spreadsheet is fully synchronised with the repository and the viewer.

Thanks

Vivek
JohnM

Hi Vivek,

Launchpad adds or updates data only. It won't delete. You should delete from your repository if you want to remove something.

Launchpad is only a way to bulk load/update data, maintenance should be in the tool itself.

John
vivek

Thanks John
Vivek