Integrations?

rhadsall

Hello,

We are looking at Essential Cloud. What integrations have folks successfully completed? I'm thinking things like Service Now CMDB, Flexera Technopedia and Normalize, and other similar platforms.
Urb

Hi

I am new to essential cloud, but I am looking for the same information. At the moment I am diving into the REST-API to integrate some data source by my own
jasonp

Hi,

we are aware of clients that have integrated with ServiceNow via our Utility REST API as well as BCM Remedy and Flexerra/Technopedia via our batch-based XML interface. Although we were not directly involved in their implementation, in the case of ServiceNow, clients have either used ServiceNow's built-in integration platform or an intermediary custom Node.js component to manage the integration process.

Regards,

Jason
closch

Firstly it'd be great if there were some pre-baked integrations, where you just enter the credentials/keys and select the data you want and direction as many other SaaS packages now offer (maybe something for the future)

However, we've performed integrations using Talend Open Studio (free) as the integration/ETL layer (middleware) and it's functional. We've done a PoC Integratation with Aha! to pull Projects across, however our ambition has hit some limitations around the Essential APIs - for instance we can't POST Strategic Objectives, nor POST financial cost information using the CORE APis

Imminently we'll be looking at integrations with
* Jira (Change activities/progress)
* ServiceNow (GRC/CMDB)
* Snow Asset Management (CMDB/Suppliers/Licenses)

Happy to share learning/example flows and collaborate on getting more integrations working.

Chris
JohnM

Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed this. You can use the Utility API in Cloud/Docker for this. Apologies, it's not on the API webpage but we're going to update that. I've attached a Postman collection here for you

Any questions then please do let us know
Essential Utility API Collection.json.zip
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
closch

Cheers John, I'll have a look see if i can wrap my head around it (as an amateur in the systems integration/dev world)

It'd be great if the Utility API Docs/Postman examples were up alongside the core-api https://api.enterprise-architecture.org/?version=latest - but I've got the PDF for now