Synonyms in Search

prosenbrier

Hi,

I am hoping to use Synonyms on business capabilities to capture the nuances between areas of my business on what things are known as, so that users can search using terms familiar to them in a specific region. I have entered the terms into the Synonyms areas on the capabilities and was expecting to be able to use the Search feature to find the capabilities based on the Synonyms defined.

Do you know how the search feature can be configured to also trawl the Synonyms defined as this does not seem to be working.

Thanks
jonathan.carter

Hi

Thanks for your post.

Rather than searching all instances (e.g. of relationship classes etc.), it focusses on searching a range of specific classes. Whilst this works well in managing what you get back from a search, it does not currently search using Synonyms.

We've updated the search XSL template to enable synonym terms to be used to find instances. Now, the list of returned instances will show an "aka <Synonym name>" if there are synonyms associated with that instance, whether you have searched for the instance name, or any one of its synonyms. Of course, all instances associated with a matching synonym are returned.

We will get this updated search template into the next release - 6.10 - but in the meantime, I have attached the updated view here. You can replace the file: common/core_search_results.xsl in your Viewer with the attached file to try it out.
core_search_results.xsl.zip
Regards

Jonathan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Essential Project Team