API / CORS

Urb

Hi everybody,

since we are new cloud users we are eager to get as most as possible into our cloud instance. Therefore we are trying to use the provided REST API. Unfortunately we have some issues with some of our applications. This applications tries to make some HTTP requests agains the api, which fails due to some missing CORS ( https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS ) Headers ( Prefligt Request failing )

Is it possible to add the missing headers ?

Best regards
jasonp

Hi,

you are correct in that the REST APIs are not currently configured to support Cross Origin Requests. To date, our clients have been using the APIs for system to system integration, whereas I assume that you are looking to create a browser-based Application that will be accessing the APIs.

We did anticipate this need, but did not want to add support for CORS before it was explicitly required. We will therefore, review the actions needed to set this up and get to you with a timeframe.

Regards,

Jason
Urb

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer.
One option would be to enable CORS in the admin section and keep it off by default.

Regards
Urb

Hi again,

i ve managed to bypass the cors issue by using a proxy, but its just a workaround.

@jasonp. Yes I am working on a browser based application, in detail: its an excel addon to update values via excel without using the import utility. ( Think about it as real time connection between a repository and an excel sheet )
If you need more details please let me know

Best regards
jasonp

Hi,

thanks for the update. We're glad that you have been able to find a tactical solution. We have prioritised an update to address this issue and will keep you posted on when it will be released.

Regards,

Jason
JohnWhite

Urb wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 20:41 Hi again,

i ve managed to bypass the cors issue by using a proxy, but its just a workaround.

@jasonp. Yes I am working on a browser based application, in detail: its an excel addon to update values via excel without using the import utility. ( Think about it as real time connection between a repository and an excel sheet )

Best regards
Hi @Urb - would you be willing to share how you did this?
sean.brown

JohnWhite wrote: 04 Mar 2021, 09:43
Urb wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 20:41 Hi again,

Best regards
Hi @Urb - would you be willing to share how you did this?
@Urb.. We would also be interested in knowing how you have this setup