EMM 3 to 4 Upgrade - Essential Viewer issue

melbpar1

Hi there,
I a currently upgrading from 3.0.4 to 4.0.1
I am having issues upgrading the Essential Viewer environment.
I followed the steps in the instructions (i.e. install essential viewer component only) but for some reason the installer does not create the 'essential_viewer' folder.
The only thing I noticed is that the downloaded file is only 148MB instead of the 152MB shown in the site.
I have tried a number of times inside and outside the firewall but keep on getting a 148MB file
Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
melbpar1

Tried the install on Mac OS and had the same result.
The file is 152MB but the installation only creates the essential_viewer.jar file. No essential_viewer folder or files
neil.walsh

The JAR file should be located in your Tomcat WebApps folder. If Tomcat is running, it should unpack the JAR file and create the new essential_viewer folder. If tomcat is already running then try a restart of tomcat. If it's still not unpacking the take a look at the logs ( [YOUR TOMCAT FOLDER]/logs ) for Tomcat to see if you're getting any errors.

Let me know if this helps

Cheers

Neil
jonathan.carter

Let me add a couple more things to this.

It's important that when the installer asks you for the location for the Viewer and the Import Utility that you specify the path to and including webapps folder (if you're using Tomcat). Other Java App Servers don't deploy WARs to a folder with this name, so the installer cannot assume that location.

Also, I have seen Tomcat try to deploy the Import Utility WAR whilst the installer is still in the process of copying it to the webapps folder. This stops Tomcat from deploying it properly and creating the expected folders from the WAR files. In such cases, restarting Tomcat resolves this problem.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
melbpar1

Thanks Neil and Jonathan
I just had to re-start Tomcat and that did the trick. It is all working now