Issue with Essential Viewer (Tech. Ref. Model)

trinhtuan

Hi all,

I use essential_baseline_v3.0.4 as starting point to learn, I published sucessfully it to the Viewer however when I click to view "Technology Reference and Standards Model" there's nothing (no Technology Component) inside the boxes as it should be (like illustrated at http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... creenshots).

I also attach the screen-shot for your reference. Anyone have the same issue and how can we solve it ?

Thank you very much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmk

Hi,

In order for this view to have some content you have to classify instances of the 'Technology_Capability' class with relevant instances of the 'Taxonomy Terms' classs.

"Relevant instance' for this view are Taxonomy Terms whose name is prefixed by 'Technology Capability Layers'.
  • Say you have some "Cloudish" technology capability and you want to be able to products with this capability.

You have to add the "Technology Capability Layers::Platform Technology Capability Layer" to the slot "Classified as" of the "Cloudish" instance.
That's easier to do than to describe :).
It may also be better explained in the help page for the view.

Regards,

J.-M.
trinhtuan

Thank your jmk, it works !