Strategic or Common Enterprise Requirements Model

yeuwen

Hi,

I have been assuming such as model would be part of Business Architecture Meta-Model but I could not locate it among the online documentation. I have not installed V3 to actually browse the meta-model. I thought I post a quick question here if someone would be kind enough to point me to the relevant section of the website for me to get a better understanding of what is in the model and how is its lifecycle managed by the tool.

Thanks a lot for your help.

yeuwen
paulmcmahon

Unsure what you mean specifically by requirements - are you able to provide an example?

I think a Business_Principle could suffice?

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... ciple.html
jonathan.carter

Thanks Paul.

I agree, it all depends on what you mean by requirements.
However, Essential Meta Model 3 introduced a new section to the Strategy Management area in EA Support.
The Strategic Requirement class has two specific sub-types to help manage the requirements in terms of Issues (things that we need to resolve) and Needs (things that have been identified that we need to add to the enterprise).

Both of these enable us to capture the impact, the elements in the architecture that are affected (Business, Application, Information or Technology and combinations), who has identified the requirement and what is in place to address it.

You can use user-defined Taxonomies to overlay additional classifications of the requirements to meet your specific needs for managing e.g. Business Requirements, Strategic Requirements and so on.

Some of the out of the box Views will use these and we're adding to other Views to include the requirements perspective on an element or Strategic Plan.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team