Software Version in the meta model

gantyala

I am not able to find the attributes (Software Version, Original Deployment Date, Latest Version Installation Date, and Technology Refresh Status) to shows in the Essential Viewer:

Technical Information
Software Version: -
Original Deployment Date: -
Latest Version Installation Date: -
Technology Refresh Status:
(Work in Progress/Future)

Thanks
Ramesh
neil.walsh

These slots do not exist in the current meta-model and therefore these are classed as a known bug with the view. We're reviewing the current bug list over the next few weeks and will try and put an update out shortly. This may either add the slots or remove them from the view.

Thanks

Neil
gantyala

I think it is good to capture the software version and refresh date.

In the technology layer, how to capture the physical node hostname or ip address? or Is it good to keep physical node name as generic node name?

Thanks
Ramesh
gantyala

Hi,

I am unsuccessful in configuring the application reference mode. I am getting empty boxes in the Application Reference Model viewer. Even I am not able to view the Taxonomy term labels in each the six boxes.

The EA classes were configured as described in the essential viewer manual. The following steps were taken to view the application reference model.

1. Assigned value to the Taxonomy term Label for all application types Level 1 - 6
2. In Application Capability, the slot "Classified as" set to "Application Types::Level 1 - App Level 1".
3. In Application Service, the slot "Realises Application Capabilities" set to the above application capability.
4. In Application Provider, the slot "Provides Application Services" set to the Application Provider Role. The application provider role relates the application service and application provider.
5. All Name and descriptions are filled.

Thanks
Ramesh
gantyala

Hi,

Any help is appreciated in identifying the issue with Application Reference Model report?

Thanks
Ramesh
jonathan.carter

Hi Ramesh,

I think this posting about the Application Reference Model will help.

There is a 'typo' in the setup of the baseline v3.0.4 repository, as described in the above posting. Go into the Essential Viewer section of your repository and then go to the Report Constants.

Pick the Application Reference Model Layers and in the Associated Instances slot, remove the Business Domain Layers and add 'Application Types'

This has been fixed in the forthcoming baseline v3.0.5 and the v3.0.4-3.0.5 upgrade.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team