Entering Lifecycle Upgrades

scott.parker@mesaaz

What is the best way to enter, and rollup/display a large number of lifecycle events for the various applications and technical components for upcoming years? It seems like for each single event, I may have to enter several items including an Enterprise Strategic Plan, Planned Change, Plan_To_Element_Relation, the action (upgrade, replace, etc.) and the change activity (Project)?

I would hope that the Enterprise Strategic Plan could be something like "Lifecycle Events FY23-24" and could be reused for any app or component event that falls into that year. Perhaps other entries may also be "reused".

Some background for reference ... I'm currently tracking 480 applications and 265 technical components. In the upcoming fiscal year, 178 applications and 104 technical components have a scheduled lifecycle event (new install, replacement, retirement, review, or upgrade). In the following fiscal year, there are additional lifecycle events scheduled, some of which are for the same apps/tech components, and some not. I forecast out a total of 8 years.

To further complicate things, I have unique costs for each event as well. I have attached a screenshot of a portion of my current spreadsheet so you can visualize the current tracking method.

A step-by-step would be great if possible. I've searched the documentation, videos, and forums and am unable to locate a clear answer to this. Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.