Impact analysis - need clarity

Rajaraman

Hello all,

In terms of understand I got the info dependency view exists for showing the dependency between application via interfaces.

How will show to the business diagrammatically such that holistically if I am going to change any of the following (all dimensions) the changes are highlighted.

1. For example, if I am changing a data (Information Representation) of an interface, who ever using the same Info Rep (in multiple interfaces) need to be highlighted.
So that the development can plan the effort for the same.
2. In case if I am hosting the service in the same server as another service, If I am going to upgrade the server, I want to show the list of impacts (Applications , Interfaces) diagrammatically.
3. And then the classical if any change upgrade of version of one application and it might break the data being sent via interfaces.

Hope I am clear on the ask, will there be any way we can utilize the existing views in Essential OS so that we can achieve the same?

Thanks
Rajaraman
JohnM

Hi,

For each requirement:
1) The information Representation summary shows impacts
2) The Tech node summary shows the implemented apps, it only partially answers your question as you'd then need to navigate to the app, which you can do to see impacts rather than in one place. We'll add to the stack as an idea for improvement
3) The application dependency view shows this, the new one is much more elegant than the old one, once released to OS you can use that.

Regards

John