Ordering projects in Roadmap Timeline View

aschoijett

Hi,
I have the following projects, coming from a list created in Protege.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13gOyrp ... sp=sharing
Bars in light blue lack an entry in the Project Life Cycle.

1) Ordering
What is the rationale for the ordering of the projects in this view?
How can one alter it?

2) Filter by date
Minor issue: in order to capture a project, the ending quarter has to be set to the one immediately after the quarter where projects end, otherwise those are filtered out.

3) Actual Start Date and Forecast End Date
Why do they appear as tomorrow if there nothing was entered in Protege?

4) Actual End Date
Where do you enter that for closed projects?

Many thanks,
neil.walsh

Hi,

1. Looking at the View code, they are not sorted in any way. They will appear pseudo-randomly based on the contents of the repository snapshot.

2. I've raised this as a bug for review/fixing in a future release.

3. I believe the default is "today" (which maybe is showing as tomorrow - bug?) to allow you to still see projects which don't have dates set but are still part of the programme.

4. I understand your confusion here as there is no "Actual End Date" slot, however we do have two different end date slots "Target End Date" and "Forecast End Date". The idea here is that you capture your target end date at the start of your project and this does not change. You then update the forecast end date as your project progresses until the forecast end date becomes the actual end date. You could add an actual end date slot yourself if you wish to be more explicit with this, however our out of the box views wouldn't pick this up.