Application Impact Analysis

carlo1202

Dear receiver,

When populating the Application Impact Analysis for let's say Application 1. One can use the Application dependencies slot to connect for example Application A to Application 1 and when publishing one can see this in the Application Impact Analysis in tabular format. In particular one can see that Removal of Application 1 causes changes in Application A.

But now I am interested to see for the Application A in which other Applications this is used, preferably in tabular format again. So a table for Application A with Application 1 in it. So actually the other way around. I hope I have explained clearly what I want.

Yet my question to you is, how to go about this. So which fields to use and which view to get this information?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Carlo Talsma
JohnM

If you select the application in the table and in the pop-up open the Application Info Dependency Model, does that give you what you need, just not in tabular format?
carlo1202

Hi,

When selecting the Application the pop-up menu shows the following.
Capture.PNG

Please note that Software Asset Editor = Composite Application Provider Editor.

So there is no Application Dependency Info Model here. What do I need to change to get that here?

Best regards,

Carlo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

Hi Carlo,

It looks like an admin has removed the menu items so you can't link to the views.

Would something like this work. https://essentialviewer.com/demo/report ... _model.xsl ?

note: we have a more elegant version due in 6.16

If this is what you want then, we can work from there. Getting a tabular form shouldn't be too hard as we have the data and the queries

John
carlo1202

Hi John,

I really like this suggestion thank you! I will try to work from here. If I don't manage to make it work I will open the topic again.

Thanks again,

Carlo