Link Application and Information

carlo1202

Dear receiver,

We are discussing the Essential Meta Model at our organization. We have a question that consists of two parts:
1. What is the relation between Application layer and information layer in the Essential Meta Model. Where are the connections?
2. We think that there should be a connection between application service and information view. Is that correct?

Thank you and kind regards,

Carlo
JohnM

Hi Carlo,

The tutorial here may help. https://enterprise-architecture.org/doc ... tionships/

There is no relation between app service and data that I can see, I'll ask the meta model guys why that is. For apps the meta model looks quite complex, but it answers various questions. I'll see if I can get an explainer for you.

John
jmk

Hi,

Relation between app service and information views it may processes is indirectly done through functions :
  • Application_Service --provides--> Application_Function
  • Application_Function -->input_views-> Information_View
  • Application_Function -->output_views-> Information_View
J.-M.

PS: I shortened slot names, see Application_Function définition for precise naming.
JohnM

Hi Carlo,

J-M is right, via the app function for application services currently. However after talking to the team, they will look to add a new relation in the next major release for App service to data/information

As promised, a PowerPoint with the diagrams for applications to data. As you will see, multiple routes depending on what you are trying to understand - you don't need them all. These augment the tutorials.
DataToAppExplainer.pptx.zip
Slide 5 is in the next release

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.