Views that are not in the How To Page

carlo1202

Dear helper,

I am new to Essential so sorry in advance if the answer is obvious but I have searched the complete website including the documentation to find an answer. Essential offers a nice page with How to get your views working with some interesting diagrams that show which data needs to be captured to get views working. However, I noticed that not all views are present on this page so my question is how do I know what data to capture for those other views and how to create those views. I need to know this in particular for the following views:

Application Summary
Application Strategic Radar
Business Objective Summary
Business Capability Change Footprint
Business Domain IT Analysis
JohnM

Hi,

You can find the helpers for each view as below:
Application Summary:
https://enterprise-architecture.org/sum ... mmary.html

Application Strategic Radar: I'll ask one of the team to look at this one

Business Objective Summary: I'll ask one of the team about this one

Business Capability Change Footprint:
This video gives you the structure https://youtu.be/a3fuqQ67A2A , however, you are better using this view now, the URL is enterprise/core_el_bus_cap_analysis_dashboard.xsl. The data is as below:
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 13.35.49.png
I've split it incase it is too small to read:
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 13.55.19.png
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 13.55.30.png
Business Domain IT Analysis: On the How To page use this model - Business Capability to Technology (Tree/Force) and the view will work if you associate the domains with the Business Capabilities on the Business Capability
Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 13.51.10.png
I'll ask the team to look at the other two, it may be a few days as they are quite busy at the moment, but hopefully this gives you a start.

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carlo1202

Hi John,

Thank you for your response. You have made my day. I am looking forward for the other two models.

Kind regards,

Carlo
JohnM

Sorry for the delay on this one, the Business Objective Summary
Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 21.11.34.png

The Strategic Radar, may be changing so I'll come back when we know the new meta model
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carlo1202

Hey John,

Thank you for posting the Business Objective summary, this was really helpful.

I wanted to follow up with you on the Business Capability Change Footprint. You have provided an alternative by mentioning that it is better for me to use the business capability analysis dashboard. Yet, which view in the view library corresponds to business capability analysis dashboard? I don't see it there.

Best regards,

Carlo
JohnM

It should be in the view library, the name is Business Capability Dashboard.

In the reports class it is called Core: Business Capability Dashboard

the path is enterprise/core_el_bus_cap_analysis_dashboard.xsl

If you can't find it let us know and we'll help fix it