Programme Plan view

klawry38

Hi,
I'm trying to get the "Programme Plan" view to show, well, anything other than the header. i.e. it won't display any detail for the underlying projects that support the programme. The Programme Summary view shows them all but the Programme Plan just won't. Any hint/ideas as to where I've missed setting data up at either the programme level or project level?

Cheers
Keith

Update: Have determined I have an issue with data somewhere in the projects that support the Programme....as yet I haven't managed to figure out exactly which project/s & what specific data element/s is causing the "grief".
jmk

Hi Keith,
essential viewer is sometimes not very resilient to syntax errors in its JSON data processing.

Under Firefox I would go under the "Web developer Tools' to get a meaningful error message first; and then I'll try to search the culprit JSON data. With other browsers (chrome ? edge ?) , the overall process would be the same using different tools.

Regards,

Jean-Marie.

PS: In the past, I often had errors occurring because the name of a project/program/object contained a &quote; character ("'") as this character is the string delimiter in JSON.
jmk

You may give a try to the attached file. You'll need a recent version of essential, though, at it uses xstl 3.0 capabilities (maps/arrays) which should be more robust than the text oriented approach actually in place.

Edit: I'm unable to attach the file (not sure why). You'll find it attached to the issue I just opened on github (do not forget to replace the .txt prefix by .xsl) :

https://github.com/essentialproject/ess ... /issues/13
klawry38

Hi Jean-Marie,
Thanks very much for your post and commentary. As soon as I saw the note about the &quote character I realised what the problem was.......the names of the projects included in the programme had a common denominator - i.e. an abbreviated word that included the single quote character. After renaming the projects all is working as expected.

Thanks again for your assistance - much appreicated.

Cheers
Keith
jmk

klawry38 wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 00:21 Hi Jean-Marie,
Thanks very much for your post and commentary. As soon as I saw the note about the &quote character I realised what the problem was.......the names of the projects included in the programme had a common denominator - i.e. an abbreviated word that included the single quote character. After renaming the projects all is working as expected.
Fine.