Feedback on V7 new 'sliding' view style

jmk

Hi,
( see Sarah's post here : https://enterprise-architecture.org/blo ... iew-style/ and the demo here : https://essentialviewer.com/demo/report ... d&cl=en-gb)

The sliding feature is great as it appears well adapted to actual form factor of display screens : in the demo a sliding pane appears when clicking on the buscap indicator (here the buscap associated application count), then this sliding pane may be closed by clicking on its associated cross indicator.

However modern displays are also usually large and it would be amazing to be able to close this sliding pane by clicking a second time on the same buscap indicator ...

Regards,

Jean-Marie.
TMC

Agree this is very engaging and has promise for being able to elegantly organise an overview and drill down together.
I'll add my vote for closing the slider by clicking where the pointer already is, rather than racing around the large screen and back - I really want to be able to explore the information with minimal effort. And the same for the bottom up slider when you click on the arrow in the right hand slider.
Further comment - the sliders obstruct the view of whatever is underneath. So if you have a capability on the far right (in the demo, HR management under Corporate Support) and click for application details, the slider blocks your sight of where you clicked from. Which is a problem if we want the above, clicking in one place to slide in and out, but also (for me) breaks the visual chain if I can no longer see the parent item. The bottom slider is less problematic in this regard as the underlying main screen can still be scrolled vertically with the slider displayed (in my case by mouse scroll wheel so I don't have to go across to the scroll bar)..
And another thought - the legend / level control at the top don't stay in view if you scroll down though a fully populated set of data. So again, more effort required if I want to zoom in and out of the lower level capabilities as I explore. It is very good that the level control still works when the sliders are displayed, though again going from lower level to higher was not intuitively 'click on lower level to turn off' but rather 'click on desired new level' - you could perhaps afford to accept both.
Regards
Tudor