Modeling WAR deployments for Apps

acarreno

Hi Community!

We are documenting all the apps (using either Application provider and Composite Application Provider), and that includes the mapping of each environment (Prod, Test, Dev) with respective servers (Technology Nodes).

Now, we want to model applications deployed in either our JBoss server or the Apache Farm, so we have the names of each WAR file used by every app, but we are struggling in where to document that information.

I did a search in the different forums, as well as the available documentation, but I cannot find a reference to where do this documentation, and which view will provide that output, so I am asking for help if you have this requirement in the past, and how did you address it.

Thanks.
jasonp

Hi,

we would typically document the names of WAR files using the technology_instance_given_name slot of the Application Software Instance that is deployed on a particular node. You can also optionally map the technology_instance_of slot of the Application Software Instance to a Technology Product such as OpenJDK Java WAR file.

The relationships would therefore be:

(Composite) Application Provider -> Application Deployment (DEV, TEST, PROD) -> Application Software Instance (WAR file) -> Technology Node (Server/Cluster).

Jason
acarreno

Thanks Jason for the answer, very helpful.