Querying raw data in the underlying metamodel database

rwoof

Hi
While appreciating the value of the views for a structured view of the data, we would be very keen to be able to extract raw data from the underlying tables (read only) to external tools like Excel/PowerBI for simple reporting (e.g. creating a Service Catalogue view of applications by extracting the raw data and links from the Application Provider class). Is there a way this can be done from the cloud version - access the raw class data or extracting as a CSV etc?
Thanks
Rob
JohnM

You should use the APIs for this. The underlying structure is not accessible (and pretty meaningless without the structure). The APIs will allow you to do what you need.
rwoof

Thank you - we will look into the API option

Cheers
Rob
TMC

Just for completeness - you can write custom views that produce CSV output for manual import to Excel. Not as elegant as the API route, and you still need to know the structure to retrieve the slots in the custom view. There is one product view that does this for a couple of slots, as an example - 'Application List Extract - CSV' under the Support tab of View Library.
T
rwoof

Thanks for the tip. That would be useful, but actually I cant see a view with the name 'Application List Extract - CSV' under the Support tab of View Library when I access the cloud version of Essential. Do I get to it from another view?
TMC

Interesting, it seems no longer to show out-of-the-box. My mistake, sorry.
To make it appear, you need to associate the report with the support tab. Using the capture UI, navigate to the Report class ( under EA Support, then Essential Viewer), and select the report instance Core: Integration Application Provider CSV Ext. Scroll down to the slot Element Classified By and add the existing term Report Classification::Support Views. Then publish and reload the viewer View Library.
Regards, T