List of Application by Organisation

xeonk

Hi All,

Currently I'm still new to explore this great product and happen to be there's a requirement to show all Applications that owned by a Organisation. Is there a OOTB view that can show it?

I believe there's a sheet named "Application 2 Organisation" that maps the relation between the two but I seems cannot find the view.

Really appreciate your advise.

Thank you
JohnM

I think we only have views that map to organisation rather than organisation out, e.g. organisations that use an application. I'll speak to the team to see if we have anything else

We could append apps used to the bottom of the group actor summary - it's about 20 mins to do. We do have a request to show something very similar (we'll probably create that in the next week or two), we'll share a version of that when we get a chance
rwoof

I'd be interested in such a view as well - showing applications by Group Actor for various stakeholders (Organisation owning, organisation using, support owner etc)

Thanks
Rob
xeonk

Thanks John. Will be great to see it on the next release.
JohnM

core_al_app_org_application_usage.xsl.zip
Attached is a rough version, just countries (if you have them) or orgs and the apps they use. We'll look at more detail such as stakeholders later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xeonk

Cool stuff. Many thanks John. Really appreciate it.
JohnWhite

Hi,

Is there a view that groups and displays 'application providers' by say a high level app service?

So something like this:
https://essentialviewer.com/demo/report ... M&cl=en-gb

But rather than boxes of app services, its the actual application name per box?

I'm thinking of the traditional app view architects typically create where you have a box for each app, and they are placed on a canvas organised by say:

Channels - Potentially sub grouping by Distribution, Self Service, Mediated etc.
Policy Admin
Claims Admin
Pricing
Partner Management
Customer Management
Correspondence Management (Gen/Delivery/inbound/storage) etc.
B2B
Payments
Finance
HR
Productivity
Etc.

Stakeholders tender to think more tangibly vs logically/conceptually - i.e. system names.

We'd want to limit the number of times an app is displayed, maybe to a primary app service or separate relationship to a new means of groups as per the above

Thanks
John!
closch

Hoping this might also help : Have at the Power BI report i published to the community (More info on it here : https://www.enterprise-architecture.org ... =23&t=2399)

Here's an example of the type of report you're asking about done in PowerBI (takes <5 mins to construct - and has as a bonus the ease of bolting info on such as cost by drag and drop) -
2020-06-19_13-49-21.png
@xeonk, you can select on or more units - in the example above i've select two - to see side by side comparison of duplication of tech by App_service

@rwoof it's currently filtered on Application Organisation Owner, and but you could change the filter and create different pages for each Group_Business_Role OR you could create a slicer on page to do the same (same result different approach)

You can, also, use any other way you can think of to slice the info - i've got one that's site based too..

Happy to recieve feedback - more people contributing the better it'll get.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dkaradia

JohnM wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 08:27 core_al_app_org_application_usage.xsl.zipAttached is a rough version, just countries (if you have them) or orgs and the apps they use. We'll look at more detail such as stakeholders later.
thanks john. very useful
dkaradia

thanks John for your help.

i've used your base view and changed it a little for us to be able to select on "IT Application Owners" (a different role to org users), also include some other slots like lifecycle and service classification (this is our own enumeration).
I'm sharing the file in case its useable for anyone.
I'd like to enhance this further to include some lifecycle style element colours for the background on the lifecycle status, i might reach out to you to get some help on this.

thanks,
Darren
xiaoqi

Hi,

I'm new to adopting our Open Source edition, I tried to put the xsl file under Application folder and activate that in the viewer page, but it's shows empty.

I have the Sites created under "Busienss_Physical ==> Site" structure, anything wrong here?

Xiaoqi