Standard Level Field

walkermic

Where is the Strategy level value populated that is used in the Application Technology Strategy Alignment view?
essential2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

These Standard Levels are defined in the EA Support part of the Essential Meta Model, in this case as instances of the Technology Standards Management / Technology Provider Standard Specification instances.

When you create one of these standard specifications, you select the Technology Provider Role to which the standard applies, e.g. “ABAP as Apps.IOT”

A Technology Provider Role is a relationship class that allows us to capture additional information, in this case, about HOW a particular Technology Provider (either a Technology Product or a Technology Product Build (a composite)) is being used. Part of that Technology Provider Role. Note that these instances can also have a Lifecycle Status which describes where the usage of that Product (ABAP) to provide that Role (Apps.IOT) is in its lifecycle.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
walkermic

Hey Jonathan,

I'm just now getting back to this. I created a Technology Standard Specification Instance and added my Technology Provider Role to the Specification and published. There was no change to the output.
YnTxogAi99.png
ju0nicOjCI.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

Hi,

The name slot isn't autotext, the values above have been brought in using the Launchpad spreadsheet load and use the long format. If the value isn't showing in the view then it suggests that the Standard Strength slot on the Technology Provider Standard Specification Class isn't being set, can you check that first please?

Thanks

John