Resusable Technology Product Architectures

walkermic

I want to create a Technology Product Architecture that can be reused across multiple Technology Build Architectures. For instance I have dozens of SAP applications that use the exact
same architecture. I have two problems.

1)When I build a Technology Product Architecture through the "Graphical Editor" I can't rename the object. It's just "::Product_Architecture"
2)I can't actually assign a Technology Product Architecture to a Technology Build Architecture. I can only go through the Technology Build Architecture and choose the
"Graphical Editor". I can't reference an already made Technology Product Architecture

How should this be accomplished?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

I think this is related to your other post about the Technology Build Architectures.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2049

There’s some auto-naming applied to these architectures, which saves a lot of typing!
Start by creating an instance of the Technology Product Build and from there, create a NEW instance of the Technology Build Architecture in the Technology Provider Architecture field - this will then use the name of the Technology Product Build in the name of the Technology Build Architecture.

The same approach is used when defining the Technology Product Architectures - start by creating an instance of the Technology Product and from there create a NEW instance of the Technology Product Architecture field.

The idea is that the Technology Product Build can be re-used - rather than the Technology Build Architecture - enabling you to encapsulate those Builds for which you don’t need to define the details of the architecture.

The Graphical Editor field on the form isn’t really a separate instance to be reused but rather just the graphical representation of that Technology Build Architecture.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team