Activity-Applicatin-Role View info

j_paglione

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a view on Essential Project that highlights the relationships between process activities, the application that allows this activity and the actor who does it?

Is there also the possibility of having a greater detail on the views that allow the display of server dislocation in the world?
For example from world to europe?

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Julian
JohnM

Hi Julian,

Regarding part one of your question, I think the physical process view should do this. To get it to work you need to populate the “Contained Physical Process” slot on the Physical Process that you want to see. It's a bit cumbersome, but the contained physical processes have to correspond to the processes contained in the process flow of the logical business process implemented by the parent physical process (I hope that makes sense).

Regarding maps, yes you can do that but I'll need to get the UI guys to come back separately on how.

John
JohnM

Julian,

Apologies, we didn't come back on the map question. You need to set your map to point at a map of the continent or country you want to show. It needs a little tweak to the view code, see http://jvectormap.com/maps/world/europe/ for an example.

Note, check the <head> tag in the code and make sure you have the latest version, some of the older maps use the previous version of jvector map. Your <head> should include

<link href="js/jvectormap/jquery-jvectormap-2.0.3.css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<script src="js/jvectormap/jquery-jvectormap-2.0.3.min.js" type="text/javascript"/>

Hopefully that helps

John