Language synonyms listed under correct letter in "Catalogue by Name" views

dagnils

Hi,

I'm currently establishing a Norwegian language pack for Essential using synonyms for English instances. How can the the alphabetic lists (like "Data Catalogue by Name") place the correct instances (based on the synonym) under the correct letter?

I've modeled some data objects using the English term as the Name of the instance and related a Norwegian term as a synonym. As an example the data object with the name "Invoice" has the Norwegian synonym "Faktura" related. When choosing the "Data Object Model" the Data Catalogue by Name places the "Faktura" under the letter "I".

Regards,
Dag
JohnM

Hi Dag,

Apologies, this is a view bug. We'll get a fix into the next release. We'll post it here for early adopters.

John
dagnils

Great, thank you!

- Dag
jmk

Hi dag,
you may try the files i the zip file attached to this answer .

These files try to correct two problems :

1) essential viewer is unable to display architecture elements whose name starts with a diacritic (such as 'É' or 'Ç' in french)

2) essential viewer is unable to use alternative localized names in catalogs (synonyms)

Let me know if you encounter any problem with these files ...

Regards,

Jean-Marie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

In this post New multi-language catalogue posts, we've released a preview of the new catalogues, that sort with support for multi-language. The examples are for Business Domain Catalogue and Business Capability Catalogue but show how the new versions will work.

We'd be very interested to hear any feedback on how this would support Norwegian

Jonathan
Essential Project Team