Technology Reference Model

Eternus

Hi all,

I'm new to EP and the forums in general, so go easy on me!

I've just installed the latest version of EP and can view the various libraries, primed with some example data. However, when I go to the Technology Reference Model page, I see 'Configuration Services', 'Monitoring Services' and 'Platform Services' all shown as capability containers, but I have no content included.

What do I need to do to get this working? Is there anything that I need to 'prime' or associate?

Sorry that I'm a bit confused on this. It's a great tool that will make my life a lot easier, once I manage to get all of my data across, but it would be good to overcome this first stumbling block?

Regards,

Campbell
JohnM

Hi Campbell,

We're about the change the model to be a bit prettier and it's much easier to maintain. If you look at the IT asset dashboard here http://essentialviewer.com/demo/report? ... d&cl=en-gb you'll see how it will render (look at the Technology Perspective section).

If you register for the free Launchpad we'll send you the import spec and spreadsheet to load in the capabilities quickly. We're aiming to post a new tech reference model up here in the next week or so for you to download, and if you've completed and imported the launchpad sheets in the meantime it will then work.

Hope that makes sense

John
Eternus

Thanks John, that's much appreciated. I'll keep a look out for it...
JohnM

The new TRM is attached. This is a bit rough and ready as we haven't got a DUP ready yet to set up the report and taxonomy, so it's a bit manual to set-up. There is a DUP in Launchpad that already has the new taxonomies for you, you will need to sign-up for that to get it.

To put the view in a portal, you will need to add a report and point it to the file, add in the screenshot, then add the report to a portal. If you don't know how to do this, let us know and we'll describe the process.

The business units filter will work for those where you have followed the Essential Launchpad approach for associating Technology org users, any technology without a user will only show when you show All business units

Any problems then let us know. Note: This view will go in the next release.

John

file
core_tl_tech_ref_model.xsl
screenshot
technology-reference-model2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.