Business Capability to Technology view

SNutulap

I am able to see all my capabilities under "Business Capabilities to Technology (Force) view". But, "Business Capabilities to Technology (Tree) view" is showing empty page.
Is the page showing in tree form looking for something different than view through Force?

Thanks,
JohnM

Hi,

No, it's the same data, however, the tree looks for a process tied to a capability - it doesn't show any sub capabilities - so a capability with no processes won't show anything - we're considering changing that, but it can get quite busy.

Select a capability that has a process and it should work.

John
SNutulap

Based on the view name, expected behavior or Force / Tree is same. Adding different constraints is causing more confusion.
Besides, after adding process, all I see is tree with just one node and associated process. I don't see all child capabilities (even though they are associated with processes).

What I am looking for is a view that shows all of my business capabilities (hierarchy) with ability to control number of levels displayed. It appears to be this is not available out of box?
SNutulap

Benefit of open source is, we can solve our requirements :) I am attaching a view that displays capability hierarchy up to 5 levels. Adding additional levels is easy
1. Create a copy of Level5Children and rename it as Level6Children
2. Modify Level5Children by adding below line after '"children": ["

<xsl:apply-templates select="$allBusinessCaps[own_slot_value[slot_reference = 'supports_business_capabilities']/value = $this/name]" mode="Level6Children"/>
3. If you want to adjust height or width of diagram, you may do so at line 139

width = 2500 - margin.left - margin.right,
height = 1000 - margin.top - margin.bottom;

Change 2500 / 1000 to your desired number. Higher the number, bigger the canvas is going to be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.