business capability chain

jkazmi

I would like to define a business capability chain to represent a value stream. I have used the business capability chain and have defined a very basic model (see attachment). It's not clear to me which view on the viewer this diagram would appear. Also it seems to exist in isolation and I am not sure how to relate it to the capability/process. What steps am I missing to show this value stream to my users?

In the attachments, the file bizcapabilitychain represents the value stream. I have included screenshots of the details of the individual "stages" of the value stream

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarah.smith

Hi Jamal,

In terms of a view, we do not have a current view that uses the capability chain; we have the capability in the meta model but we have not had demand for a view as yet, although it is possible that other users have built their own. We are always looking to expand our view library, so if you let us know what you'd like in the view we could pull one together, for example, obviously you want to see the value chain but what other detail do you want on it, or to click through from it - applications or processes etc.

In terms of the chain appearing in isolation, this is not the case as the value chain, or capability chain, that you create 'uses' the business capabilities. So, you create your business capabilities in the usual way, linking to processes and so on in the main form, and then when you create your chain you select the capabilities you want to use in the chain and, therefore, they already contain the links you created previously.

Hope that help, and let us know your view requirements and we will try and pull something together for you.

Sarah
The Essential Project Team