How to model business lifecycle?

jkazmi

Hello,

I work in the oil and gas industry and as such, a well follows a standard lifecycle. The lifecycle typically has 4 or 6 stages. I'd like to document the lifecycle in Essential. Each stage of the lifecycle will have multiple business processes. Eventually, I'd like to pull up an application provider and see which stages of the well lifecycle it supports.

How do I accomplish this in Essential (using Essential opensource).

Thanks
sarah.smith

Hi,

Lifecycles are held in EA Support/Enumerations, and for this I would suggest that you create a new subclass of Lifecycle_Status called Well_Lifecycle_Status. Also create a new slot on the Business Process Type Class called supported_well_lifecycles with allowed classes set to Well_Lifecycle_Status. Then you can classify your processes against one or more Well_ Lifecycle_Status using this new slot - the lifecycle can apply to many processes. You can map applications to physical processes using the existing supporting_applications slot. You would need to write a view to enable you to pull up the processes by lifecycle and show the supporting applications, but this would be a fairly simple view to create.

Hope this helps.

Sarah