View: Team Reporting Hierarchy

Stepan Karandin

Hi, folks
I've got an issue with Team Reporting Hierarchy view. According the sourcecode, it has parameter

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="rootOrg" select="/node()/simple_instance[name = $param1]"/>
As Jonathan said, it should be Report constant but it is not. Do somebody get it works?

http://essentialviewer.com/demo/report? ... -&cl=en-gb
JohnM

Stephan,

see screenshot in the attached below. The report constant is defined under EA_Support > Essential_Viewer > Report_Configuration > Report_Constant

Define your constant and tie it to the org object you want at the root, in this case Group IT.

Hope that helps

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stepan Karandin

Thanks for advise. Unfortunally, it doesn't work.
JohnM

Apologies, that was the wrong avenue. I've realised the view is not receiving a parameter. It needs a qualifying report to get the parameter, i.e. give me the object you want to view the reporting hierarchy for. Got to EA Support > Essential Viewer > Report and select the reporting structure report then add the Group Actor catalogue as a qualifying report. That will send the parameter across for the team you are interested in viewing the hierarchy for.

Hope that works

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunther.lachambre

Hi Stepan,

You'll have to check the box on the "Group Actor Reporting Structure Menu Item" report menu item (see attachment), so you can show the navigation item from the qualifying catalogue report.
But even with that it doesn''t work for me.
I tried to link two individual actors belonging to the same group actor, used this group actor as entry point from the qualifying group catalogue, but no hierarchy is printed.

Gunther

essential-support-team-reporting-hierarchy-check-menu-item-box.png
Environment :
Protégé 3.5 | Essential Meta Model 6.1.1
Essential Viewer 6.1 | Essential Import Utility 1.7.2
Java 1.8.0_91 | Tomcat 8.0.28 | Server CentOS 7
Java 1.8.0_201 | Tomcat 8.5.38 | Desktop Windows 10
klawry38

Hi All,
I too have been having some "challenges" in getting the Hierarchy Report to display - albeit a bit different from previous posts. After following the advice (thanks John & Gunther) I've managed team reporting structures to display - except the root organisation. i.e. our company which has our CEO at the top of the structure. I get a message "No reporting hierarchy defined for " displayed then the table of all employees is displayed.
Is there any setting that I may have missed?

Secondly, I am also trying to display reporting lines that are indirect to another team (to a different organisation) but it appears the report will only show this if the actor is in the same direct org structure. Again, am I missing something or would the report require modification to achieve this?

Cheers
Keith