Views for Business Activity

emmacc

Hi,

In the Business Process Flow View the processes are navigable, but not the activities. Also as far as I could tell there is also no summary or flow view for the Business Activity class in the viewer.

I would like to make the activities navigable from the process flow table and also display a few details about the activities (more than just the name and the owner that is).

Can anyone point me to a simple way of achieving this. i.e. would duplicating the Process Flow view be a good starting point, and what else do I need to consider?

Or maybe if someone already has a view for activities he would be willing to share?

Many thanks and best regards
emmacc
neil.walsh

Hi,

To date, we haven't created any views for Activities as most users have used Processes and sub-Processes to model. I'll feed this back to the team and discuss options for extending support to Business Activities in the Viewer. Given the inherited nature of the Process / Activity relationship this might be fairly straightforward for us to achieve.

It's a bit too much detail to go into here but the general idea would be re-purposing the existing views and adapting them to Business Activity. We'd be looking for areas where Activity is different (e.g. parent process) and tweaking the labels queries accordingly. There would be some repository configuration to update the menu-management to recognise Business Activities but nothing too challenging.

This won't make it into the next release (6.1) as that's already in testing but we'll discuss it for the 6.5 release.

Cheers

Neil