Multi-level parent child views

tmacfarlane

Hi, in my meta-model I have used the Group Actor element to capture the following 3 level relationship:

Level 0 - Organization
Level 1 - All Group, Business, Function, Community, Group
Level 2 - (....values for each element in Level 1)

In the about of the box view called Organisation Summary for Organization I was expecting to be able to drill down and see all of the Level 2 values however this did not occur. Is this the expected behaviour of the tool (Essential Cloud) or is their a configuration setting to apply to determine the level of child relationships to visualize?

Thanks.
sarah.smith

Hi,

You need to set the root organisation in the repository - so the view knows where to start navigating from in effect. To do this, in the repository go to
EA Support/Essential Viewer/Report Configuration
Then find Org Model - Root Organisation in the instance list and add the top level of your organisation in the Associated Instances field by clicking on the + and navigating to Group Actor.

That should resolve the issues and you should see your org structure in the view.

Sarah
jmk

Hi Sarah,
Your answer is a real help for the graphical view on org structure (business/core_bl_bus_org_structure_model.xsl).

But I think that @tmacfarlane was talking about the organisation summary view (enterprise/core_el_group_actor_summary.xsl).

As far as I know there is no means to parametrise the display deep for the "Contained Sub-Organisations" section in this last view ....

Regards,
J.-M.
tmacfarlane

Thank you for the responses.
sarah.smith

Hi both,

I think you have discovered a view bug that we were unaware of. As a work around you can use the Organisation Structure view and we will look to get this fixed.

Sarah
jasonp

Here is an updated version of the enterprise/core_el_group_actor_summary.xsl view file which we believe should address the issue. You will need to copy to the enterprise folder in your Essential Viewer web application within Tomcat. We will naturally also be including this fix in our next patch release.

Please let us know if this still does not address your problem or if you have any further issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.