Application Impact Report

msmiley

Hello,

I am experimenting with the tool and trying to identify what class relationships will result in the application impact report populating. Since it is a baseline architecture I am connecting my applications via the BP-TO-BP relation. I have tried many combinations of relationships but cannot seem to get the application impact report to populate.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark
jonathan.carter

Hi Mark,

The OOTB application impact report uses the Static Application Architecture dependencies to understand the impacts that one application has on any others. Note that this should include dependencies that are defined in any static application architecture (not just the architecture for this application)

From a business process impact perspective, the impact report looks at the relationships defined between Physical Processes and Application Providers.

Hope this helps in terms of what drives this report.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

That's a good point, John. Thanks.
There's a Protege plugin for UML that you can use to generate an XMI version of the meta model that you can then import into any UML tool.

This posting about a Complete Meta Model in UML describes it in more detail.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
msmiley

Many thanks all and sorry for my late reply. This has been extremely helpful.

Cheers,
Mark
msmiley

Quick follow up Jose. Which widget or path within the tool are you using to draw your visuals (yellow diagram).

At present I am populating fields with data but using the visualization would greatly speed up the proof of concept I am working on.

Cheers,
Mark
msmiley

Found my own answer :). No need to reply.

Cheers,
Mark