images/screenshots/business-capability-model.png empty

buckbanzai

I have a core_bi_cap_model.xsl file, it is 8 kb but when I load the viewer nothing appears in this report even when I have business capabilities even after I assign all classifications. Any ideas? do I have a bad xsl file? Thanks for any help.
jonathan.carter

Hi,

This is the view that is called "Business Reference Model" on the View Library.
Looking at the View Template, the key to this View is that we need to specify the root capability that anchors the model.

In the repository, you should find a class called Report_Constant (EA_Class -> EA_Support -> Essential Viewer -> Report_Constant). In the list of Report Constants, you'll see one called 'Root Business Capability'. Select this instance and then, in the Associated Instances slot, click the Add Instance button and select your 'root' Business Capability in the dialog that pops up.

This tells the View where to start rendering the model. If you don't already have a Business Capability instance that represents your whole organisation, create a new instance of Business Capability and then in the 'contained capabilities' select your 'top level' (most coarse-grained) capabilities. The View will then work from these down through the tree of contained capabilities.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
buckbanzai

Thanks Jonathan! That was the help I needed. I appreciate it.