Multiple Information Views between App Providers Problem

jkazmi

Hello,

I had mapped an information view that was showing up fine on the view between App provider A and App Provider B.

Then I added another information view flowing from A->B in Static_Application_Provider_Architecture in Protege.

The viewer now shows that there are two information views and separates them with a comma. However, when I click on the information view hyperlink it shows an empty page for the Information View. See screenshots.

Why am I getting a blank page?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi Jamal,

Instead of adding a new information view to the existing relationship, you should be creating a new relationship for each information flow. This also allows you to set attributes for that specific flow such as frequency and method. This view will render a new arrow for each relationship.

Hope this helps

Neil
neil.walsh

Hi Jamal,

We discussed here that there could be scenario where multiple Views are transferred in a single transaction so to support that we've made a tweak to the view to support that.

I've attached here and it'll will go into a subsequent release.

To use this, simply copy the file to the "applications" folder of the web app.

Thanks

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkazmi

Thank you so much for the clarification. I created a new relationship and it worked fine.

Also appreciate the new xsl. But before I update the code, can you please give me an example where multiple views could be part of a single transaction?

Also, I am getting a bit confused about the difference between a Data Object and a View. I have a dataobject called Oil Well which has several attributes. This object is passed from system A to system B (A->B). To get the arrows from A->B in the viewer I have to create a view (which I'm calling Oil Well because that's what the flow really is. Now I have a Data object called "Oil Well" and a view also called "oil Well"! In the view "Oil Well"...I am simply adding the "Oil Well" data object. In my case the creation of the view seems redundant. Am I using the view correctly?

Thanks
jkazmi

Hi - I followed the instructions in the email to deploy the new xsl file. Attached is the error I'm getting.
neil.walsh

Hi Jamal,

Apologies, the file I sent is only compatible with Essential v5 which I assumed you were running.

I'll look at getting a v4 version for you but it make take a few days before I can look at this

Cheers

Neil