Application Provider Service shows internal class names

jkazmi

Hello,

I am setting up Application Providers in Protégé. However when I setup Application Services, Protégé does not display the names that I had assigned to these Application Services. Rather it displays internal class names. This just started happening recently. Older Application Service names still appear fine inside Protégé.

The newer Application Services appear throughout protégé (including relationships) with their internal class names. I am also seeing this same problem for Application Provider Roles.

When I open the Application Service screen from App Provider, the screen does not show me the name at the top (see attached screenshot #3)

Note that the Web Viewer displays all the names correctly.

I've included attachments to demonstrate the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neil.walsh

Hi Jamal,

Two immediate things spring to mind...

1. Have you imported these or added them by hand?

2. Have you (accidentally) changed the display name for the class?
check the dropdown at the top of the instance browser column (middle one). In most cases this is set to "name" and not ":NAME". For the Application Services your need to look at the display name for the Application Provider Role Class

Cheers

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkazmi

Hi Neil

I didn't import these.

I checked the display name and it seems to be set correctly. See attached screenshots.
jkazmi

A followup to my previous reply....

I captured the screenshots while creating a new app provider ...you can see the steps I'm taking and how Protégé is responding...it still sticks to the internal class name for app service.
neil.walsh

Ok. So another thing we can check is if the "Autotext" for Application Provider Role isn't being set.

Go to the tab "Forms" (if you can't see this then you can enable via the Project > Configure menu
Go to Application Provider Role Class
Click on the Name slot and verify the slot is set to Widget Type AutoTextWidget. If not then set it using the drop down.
Double click the Name slot
Go to the AutoText Specification Tab

Check the auto text is set to the following pattern (exclude quotes)

Prefix: blank
Use slot value: "role_for_application_provider"
Separator: " as " (must include space before and after word
Use slot value: "implementing_application_service"
all others blank

See screenshot for guidance

This probably won't fix any instances that are currently broken but should fix new instances.

Let me know how you get one

Cheers

Neil
neil.walsh

Hi Jamal,

In the event that the name slot has inadvertently been removed from the Application Provider Role form you'll need to add that back in.

In the Forms tab...
Double click in some empty space and on the "widgets" tab select "autotext" for the slot "name".
Follow my instructions in the previous post to configure the widget

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you

Thanks

Neil
jkazmi

Hi Neil

I don't see anything in the widget drop down. See screenshot.
jkazmi

Hi Neil - I still can't see the name slot on "Forms" tab. So I can't double click on it to configure it. See attached doc.
neil.walsh

Ok so it looks you've re-enabled the widget (or at least know that it's on the form. The name field is probably either at the bottom of the form now or possibly hidden underneath one of the other form fields. Try dragging the form elements around to check if it's hidden anywhere.

You'll probably still need to re-configure the auto text widget.

Cheers

Neil
jkazmi

Thanks Neil. The name field was hidden all the way at the bottom of the form.

I checked the application provider role viewer and clicked manually on all the classes showing internal class name. As I manually clicked on each entry, Protégé redisplayed the actual name. Whew! What a relief!

Thank a lot for your help. I truly appreciate it!!
neil.walsh

No problem. Well done for fixing it.

Cheers

Neil