Losing Content When Publishing to Essential Viewer

spatel

I am evaluating Essential Project for use within my workplace. I have downloaded and installed in standalone mode and upgraded to 5.0.5.

If I open the 5.0.5 sample repo and publish then the homepage is always blank. There is some views available but these can only be found when I search for a particular report name.

If I open the 5.0.5 base line project and publish to the essential viewer, the fully functional portal with all icons and links is visible.

If I now load the sample data set through the import utility, and then publish this data through a test (or download new repo) then again, the content and links on the homepage is lost. Note, the same characteristics are experienced if I use v4.x EP version with the same version sample.

It feels like there is some contention with the essential viewer although no errors are encountered.

I have spent the last few days trying to identify the issue, reinstalled a few times and checked versions.

I am hoping that this behaviour may have been experienced by some of the community given it is a vanilla installation.

Thanks,
jonathan.carter

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We have been unable to replicate the first issue that you describe. I’ve just re-downloaded the demo repository and published it to my v5.0.6 Viewer. The homepage etc. all rendered correctly.

Please have a look at Tomcat’s main log file (<TOMCAT>/log), ’catalina.out’ (Unix/Linux/Mac) / ‘catalina.log’ (Windows) for any error messages reported after

a) Publishing from Protege
b) when you request the home page.

Do let us know what you find in there, we would be happy to see relevant content in this forum post.

On the Import Utility, the new Version 5 Import Utility includes an example import activity, which is preloaded with an version 5.0.0 (not v.5.0.5) repository. This functions just fine within the Import Utility but will cause some issues if you publish from there to the Viewer.
You can quickly update your Import Utility to reference a new Version 5.0.5 repository, even for the Example Import Specification, by:

1. Go to Import Settings
2. Scroll down to Target Environment and select the Live environment for the Example Repository. Click on edit and then upload a new repository, e.g. essential_baseline_v505.zip (note the Zip file).
3. You can also apply this to any other Live target environments that you have in your Import Utility.

Let us know about any errors in the ‘catalina.out’ file and how upgrading the repository in the Import Utility goes.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team