eas5 : Use of deprecated slot in roadmap related reports

jmk

Hi,

I'm currently working with strategic roadmap models and I noticed some discrepancies between the metamodel and the way related reports are using it.

My problem is that related reports (milestone summary, strategic plan summary) do not display the KPI values for impacted objectives.

I saw that these reports are using the slot 'bo_measure' (defined for class 'Business_Objective') while in protege UI this slot seems to be deprecated in favor of the'bo_performance_measures' slot.

Do you have any hint in how I may modify the reports in order to have them use the right slot ?
jonathan.carter

Although these slots have been deprecated, they will remain in the meta model for some time to come and it is safe to continue to use these slots for the current versions of the roadmap models.

We plan to replace these roadmap views with improved views that use a more powerful widget for the roadmap itself and I would expect that at this point, the deprecated slots will be 'dropped' from the queries that drive the new view.

In terms of how the meta model has changed here, an additional qualifying class has been introduced to capture the Actor to which the Service Quality Value relates. That is, you can assign the objective to multiple Actors and have different service quality values for each of these Actors.

The bo_performance_measures slot is used to capture measurements / assessments of performance against the objective. This can be used to track actual performance against the objectives for each Actor to which this objective has been assigned.

To modify the Views to pick up the new bo_assigned_to slot in place of the deprecated bo_measures slot, the Views must iterate through the instances in the bo_assigned_to slot and from there pick out the Actor (to whom the measure has been assigned) and then the Service Quality Value (which is what the deprecated slot shows) from the "Objective Target" slot.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Essential Project Team