Custom reports, full example of a high level EA

VincentBernard

Hey guys,

I'm proud to show you our work of this summer. We build our enterprise architecture referential using Essential Project. We work in a large government organisation and we are planning a major turnaround, my team and I have designed those plans since 2012.

I had a lots of fun using Protégé and Essential Import Utility. We first used Essential Viewer too, but however, we needed to keep the designs of the diagrams we had produced over the past years. We found Essential Viewer was a little bit complex for our users. Finally, we decided to build our custom reports and put a little interaction in it.

Every diagram is available in a table-formatted page. Every object is clickable with popups. We developped a generic detail page to display all the object's data and we've build a custom breadcrumb so the user can trace his way through the architecture.

Everything is responsive designed. We used Bootstrap and jQuery, and developed it in the /user folder to keep Essential Viewer vanilla.

Take a look at, and if you have any questions, go for it !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VincentBernard

...more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Hi Vincent,

Thanks very much for sharing this and showing us what you have been doing.
This is looking really nice and it's always great to hear how Essential is being put to use. Very interesting that you've gone for Bootstrap and jQuery. We have a big revision of Viewer in version 5 (coming this year) that takes a very similar approach! I think your approach to using the /user folder etc. is right and will make the transition to v5 quite simple.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team