Capturing Application Support Relationships

jonathan.carter

Hi John,

Thanks for your post and apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

We've done this sort of thing before - using classes in the Service_Delivery part of the EA_Support classes. At the moment, these just contain some abstract classes - the idea was to implement specific classes to model how support models work in your organisation.

However, I think we can (and should) start an ECP to work on your requirements, factoring in our previous experience to define some classes that provide the relationships between the Actors and Application Providers and the support models, e.g. your 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support structure.

Rather than build the meta model with specific support models in mind (as we have done previously for client engagements), we'll define meta classes that enable us to define the support model using Instances.

I think we can get something to try out very soon.

I'll post back shortly with a link to the ECP for this one.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've started ECP-6 to produce the required extensions to the Service_Delivery and Support Model meta classes and have captured some requirements for what the extension needs to be able to do.

If you have any additional requirements, please post them as replies to the ECP-6 topic.

ECP-6 Service Delivery Support Models

Jonathan
Essential Project Team