DevOps approach to Installation

ToniVerbeiren

Hi,

I have used an older version of EAM about 2 years ago. Instead of upgrading, I intend to perform a clean installation and proceed from there.

I was wondering if someone has a virtual appliance with the full software stack that can be distributed? Ideally, a vagrant setup would be great, possibly distributed via github. People would be able to fork the configuration and have a full development system up and running in minutes.

Any plans on making such an appliance available?

Toni
jonathan.carter

ToniVerbeiren wrote:Hi,

I have used an older version of EAM about 2 years ago. Instead of upgrading, I intend to perform a clean installation and proceed from there.

I was wondering if someone has a virtual appliance with the full software stack that can be distributed? Ideally, a vagrant setup would be great, possibly distributed via github. People would be able to fork the configuration and have a full development system up and running in minutes.

Any plans on making such an appliance available?

Toni
Hi Toni,

This makes a lot of sense. It would be nice to be able to manage a single 'object' for the virtual appliance that can run on a range of platforms, e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare etc.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team