Diagrams Not Showing In Viewer

brighton.ravele

Hi,

I just installed Essential and just been going through some of the material on how to create views from the manual in essential viewer. Decided to try out the Organisation structure as i thought that would be simple enough but for some reason, I get a bouncy grey box. Please assist. I have installed Essential as well as Graphviz on a 64 bit machine.

Regards
Brighton
neil.walsh

It appears the online view manual is incomplete for this view and we'll patch this in the next release. In the interim here are the additional steps you need to generate the org chart part of the view

For this view to navigate the meta model successfully the "root organisation", i.e. the top level of the organisation structure, needs to be defined and added to the repository.

To complete the set-up follow these steps:-
  • Define what the top level of the organisation is, i.e. Company, Enterprise, etc.
  • Navigate to EA Support/Essential Viewer/Report Constant and select the Org Model - Root Organisation class.
  • Click ADD in the Associated Instances slot and select the Group Actor that has been defined as the top Level for this organisation.
  • If not present click CREATE and create an instance.
Let me know how you get on with this.

Neil
brighton.ravele

Thanks Neil,

Worked like a charm.

Regards
Brighton Ravele
Gena

Any chance for a patch to this soon? It is easy enough to work around with the instructions above but still a little tedious :-)

Best,
neil.walsh

Hi Gena,

My comment (back in 2013) was intended to indicate we would patch the documentation. We did do this as I can see the relevant lines in the View Manual for this view. The Org chart setup is usually a one time setup. Is this something else that you're having to work around.

Cheers

Neil