Problem with Polish chars in Essential Integration Tab

jszpyrka

Hello,

I'm using protege 3.4.8 i Essential 3.
When I add some object, Application for example and use some polish chars (for example 'ą' which is ą), export it through Essential Snapshot Tab and import again by Essential Integration Tab this char is replaced by another char.

The exported XML is ok, I dont know if generated script is ok, but if I generate it myself with utf-8 encoding (chars are ok) and paste to Script Console Tab char 'ą' is replaced.

I have no idea how to resolve this problem.

best regards
Jacek Szpyrka
neil.walsh

Hi Jacek,

We have a release planned shortly which should address a range of internationalisation issues including the kind you have described. The problem was mainly that some parts of Essential weren't using UTF8 and we've rewritten thing to take advantage of this.

We should have some information to post about the update soon.

Thanks

Neil
jszpyrka

Thanks NeilWalsh for answer.

It's good info that shortly my problem will be fixed. But I need to now if "shortly" means week/month/year? This info is important to meka the decision if I will wait or prepare patch myself.

best regards
Jacek Szpyrka
jonathan.carter

Hi Jacek,

We have just finished an updated Essential Integration Tab, that includes a revised integration engine. I will post this in the Share Area tomorrow and hopefully this should sort your UTF-8 character issue

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Just a quick post to let you know that version 2.0 of the Essential Integration Tab is now available to download from the Share area.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jszpyrka

Thank You Jonathan

I just downloaded, installed and tested this new version of plugin and ... it does not work properly for me.

To see error download attached zip file, unpack it and try to import example data. You should see screen1.png but I see screen2.png - the chars are bad

Best regards
Jacek Szpyrka
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for the update.
I'll take a look at the ZIP file and get back to you about a way forward.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've tried both XML documents and I get the same result in the repository - which is the same as Screenshot 2

I think the answer to this is probably in the 'importEssentialInstances.xsl' transform rather than the tab itself. We'll look into this and get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks very much for providing us with the sample data to test this with.

Question: Which of the 2 XML documents is your actual source data? In 'eksport.xml' you have got character codes and in 'eksport2.xml' the native Polish characters?

Regards

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jszpyrka

jonathan.carter wrote:...

Question: Which of the 2 XML documents is your actual source data? In 'eksport.xml' you have got character codes and in 'eksport2.xml' the native Polish characters?

Both are the same :) only the form is different, the value is the same in fact. And both should be imported the same way.

The first one (with characters codes) is generated by Essential Snapshot, the second one is transformed by me from (uni)codes to utf-8 chars, but after deserializing to sax/dom inside java both should be identical.

Best Regards
Jacek Szpyrka
jonathan.carter

Thanks for confirming this.

I'm looking at the XSL transform ('importEssentialInstances.xsl') which should be able to resolve this.

As some background, the transform dynamically builds Python script, which needs some special treatment for UTF-8 characters.

I'll post back as soon as I have some progress

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've resolved this problem by re-working the transform XSLT file and tested it with the source XML files that you kindly provided.

Thanks for raising this bug, as the new transform has resolved a lot of potential issues with processing arbitrary string content from the XML source.

All that's required is to replace the 'importEssentialInstances.xsl' file that you've been using with the new version that is now available to download from the Share area:

Version 2.0 of importEssentialInstances.xsl

Let me know if you find any problems

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jszpyrka

It seems that it works fine, thanks :D

Best Regards
Jacek Szpyrka