Unable to publish and see updates in the Viewer

Doppert

I have loaded all the applications per install for Standalone Environment directions.

Save the Meta Baseline_v3.0.4 to a testversion

Once in Protege, I make some changes to the Technology Product by adding "Windows 2008 R2"

Then I execute the Essential Architecture Reporting to publish repository to the Report Service URL "http://localhost:8080/essential_viewer/" and received the following Status "Success. Repository snapshot generated and sent"

However going to the following URL "http://localhost:8080/essential_viewer/", I can not locate the added item at all. In Fact, after making multiple publishings, the date showing when the essential viewer has been updated never changes.

Can you provide guidance as to what I may be doing wrong ?
neil.walsh

It sounds like the reportXML file isn't being updated properly. You can check the Tomcat logs to see if you're getting any errors. Tomcat > Logs > Catalina.out is a good place to start.

Sometimes, these can be due to not enough memory allocated to Tomcat or Protege. We typically allocate 1536mb to tomcat and a similar amount (usually 2048mb) to Protege. These (large) amounts aren't always needed but they rarely cause issues on machines that have 3-4GB of memory available.

Assuming you're on Windows, you can set the Tomcat memory through the configure option via the task bar icon for Tomcat.

For Protege, you can set it via the preferences. Under Protege Lax settings.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on. If you need more detail on configuring these or if you're not using Windows then let me know and I'll add a bit more detail.

Cheers

Neil
Doppert

NeilWalsh wrote:It sounds like the reportXML file isn't being updated properly. You can check the Tomcat logs to see if you're getting any errors. Tomcat > Logs > Catalina.out is a good place to start.

Sometimes, these can be due to not enough memory allocated to Tomcat or Protege. We typically allocate 1536mb to tomcat and a similar amount (usually 2048mb) to Protege. These (large) amounts aren't always needed but they rarely cause issues on machines that have 3-4GB of memory available.

Assuming you're on Windows, you can set the Tomcat memory through the configure option via the task bar icon for Tomcat.

For Protege, you can set it via the preferences. Under Protege Lax settings.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on. If you need more detail on configuring these or if you're not using Windows then let me know and I'll add a bit more detail.

Cheers

Neil
Thank you for your assistance Neil, In the last couple of days, I was able to make it work. After multiple times reloading all the software in standalone mode, I always added the Server add on. But going to Tomcat, I would be looking at the metamodel*.pprj. On the final attempt, I did not add the server, and it work.
The settings that you provided are great and I made the adjustments to ensure that I would not encounter those limitations

Cheers, Michael
neil.walsh

That's great news Michael.