Essential Integration Tab in EAM 3.0.4 not working?

melbpar1

My current environment is a single user install with EAM v 3.0.4, Protege 3.4.8, Tomcat 7, Java 1.6, Windows XP
I tried recently to update Protege via the Essential Integration Tab. I am using the sample files provided with the standard install as follows:
Source Data: C:\Program Files\Essential Architecture Manager\Integration\Integration Test Files\reportXML.xml
Transform: C:\Program Files\Essential Architecture Manager\Integration\Integration Test Files\importEssentialInstances.xsl
Include Directory: C:\Program Files\Essential Architecture Manager\Integration\Integration Test Files\Include
Source Repository: Integration_Test_Repository
Source Repository Description: External Repository
When I execute the integration it fails with the following error:
Starting... Initialised Integration Engine
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
Error: An error or exception occurred during the execution of the integration script. See output for more information.

Is anyone able to help with understanding where is the output file for the transformation? Why would the integration fail if I am using the standard out-of-the-box install and sample files provided?
melbpar1

Just want to add that I tested the xml and xsl using an external XSLT 2.x parser and it worked fine. Is the integration tab using XSLT 1.x or XSLT 2x?
melbpar1

I managed to resolve this simply by removing any references to physical drives (C: or D:) and replacing the back slash for forward slash.
Also found an effective way of importing data from excel using the Essential Integration Tab as follows:
  • - Organised the columns in the spreadsheet to match the elements in simple_instance
    - Used Altova Mapforce (trial version) to map excel to XML. In MapForce I simply opened the Excel file and the XML file provided as an example then completed the mappings. This produces as an output an XML file that is consistent with the Protege XML schema.
    - Executed the integration through the Essential Integration Tab this time using the XML file generated by MapForce. I was able to import multiple business process instances and multiple slot values for each.
jonathan.carter

Thanks for the update.

You should be able to use drive letters but you will need to observe the Java directory separator, e.g. C:/My Documents/Demo Data/file.xml

Thanks for sharing your approach - this tab is a bit technical to use but hopefully mapping your content to the Essential XML and using the supplied transform was reasonably straightforward.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
melbpar1

Thanks Jonathan. All my bulk uploads are working now
FiRE2k7

Hi guys,

I have some problems getting my excel sheet into a correct form, like it is needed for to import data in the Integration tab.
Maybe it helps if I give you a short introduction:
I downloaded the example reportXML file which contains two entries (MyProcess1 and MyProcess2). I just post the code from the xml file and comment on that.

Code: Select all

<simple_instance>
		<name>essential_prj_CC_Instance_660002</name>
Is the name somehow static or is it possible to change it? Is it maybe possible to map it with an id in an excel sheet?

<type>Business_Process</type>
Means that it is defined as a Business Process, no questions about that.

<own_slot_value>
			<slot_reference>description</slot_reference>
			<value value_type="string">A demonstration Business Process to show the Essential Integration Server is working.</value>
		</own_slot_value>
		<own_slot_value>
			<slot_reference>name</slot_reference>
			<value value_type="string">MyProcess1</value>
		</own_slot_value>
	</simple_instance>
This turned out to be my problem so far. I don't know how to map my excel sheet with the columns name and description in order to get it working for the import.
First row is the ns1:name (here: essential_prj_CC_Instance_660002), second row is ns1: type (here: Business_Process), third row is ns1:slot_reference (here: description) followed by the ns1:value (here: A demonstration Business Process to show the Essential Integration Server is working.) and finally the ns1:value_type (here: string).
so the first 3 rows are all connected to essential_prj_CC_Instance_660002, but the second and third row are subordinated to the first, while the third is of course subordinated to the second. All in all there are 3 rows in the xml file (if you look at it in excel) which all belong to the first Business_Process.

Hopefully you understand my problem. I already read that there will be an excel import tool, but until now I didn't find anything like that.
I tried to map the field within Excel but it didn't work.
Are there any other ways to import data from an excel sheet into protégé?
jonathan.carter

Is the name somehow static or is it possible to change it? Is it maybe possible to map it with an id in an excel sheet?
This is the 'internal' repository ID that Protege has generated and as long as it is unique in your spreadsheet, it can be any string value. (This example XML is based on the Essential XML format as exported by the Essential Reporting Tab.)

The value of the 'slot reference" tag in the XML tells you which field on the specified class (the type tag). In this case we wanted to set the Description of the new Business Process, so the 'slot_reference' is description.

Similarly to define the name of the Business Process, we set the 'value' of the value tag on the 'slot_reference' with value 'name'.

For each row in your spreadsheet, you need to create a <simple_instance> block in the XML.

By the way, the Excel Import is about to be released as a beta version.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team