Essential AM Repository

stsytsik

I am not able to see the 'Essential AM Repository' under the PolicyControlledObject class. It is not there? What could be wrong???
jonathan.carter

Under the 'PolicyControlledObject' you should see in the Class Browser a set of sub-classes. Click on Project and you should then find the template for Essential AM Repository.

You will need to complete the instance that you find in there to tell the Protege Server where to find the project file.

All this assumes that you installed the Server Starter Kit as part of your Essential Architecture Manager installation process. This kit provides a template meta project for Protege Server. If you have not installed this and are using the default Protege meta project, then the Essential AM Repository will not be defined in the set of Projects under PolicyControlledObject.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
stsytsik

I have selected all the options when I was doing installation of the Essential Architecture Manager. I can see the seven projects under the PolicyControlledOjbect: Collaborative Newspaper, Collaborative Newspaper Annotations, Collaborative Pizza, Collaborative Pizza Annotiations, Newspaper, Pizza and Wines. But there is no Essential AM Repository. How can I fix that? Please help.
stsytsik

It looks like the Essential AM Repository gets created as a first step in the Administration section. So I have to create it myself, it is not part of the installation process. Is it true?
stsytsik

The installation doesn't overwrite the default metaproject. This is a message I got when I tried to run it from the command prompt.

C:\Program Files\Protege_3.4.8\examples\server - isDir: true - mustExist: false
- canCreate: false
jonathan.carter

Sounds like the installation of the example meta project (in the Server install pack) has not installed correctly.

If you are running on Windows, I would recommend running the installer as a windows program rather than from the command line. When you get to the Select Installations panel, un-check all options apart from Server.

During the normal install process, this is installed to the Protege environment that you selected to install the widgets. However, you can install this anywhere. I think the simplest thing would be to choose to install it in a new folder within your Documents area.

Once the install has completed, you can then open the 'metaproject.pprj' file with Protege to complete the configuration for the server.

When you have done that, you can then copy the 3 files:
  • metaproject.pprj
  • metaproject.pont
  • metaproject.pins
to the default location in Protege, which is:
<PROTEGE_INSTALL>/examples/server

Let me know if you are still having problems with the installer. You can download a copy of the metaproject from the Share Area.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
stsytsik

I have installed it in a new folder and now I can open the metaproject and see the Essential AM Repository and Essential AM Annotations projects. Thank you for you help.
jonathan.carter

You're welcome - great to hear that you've got it working.

Once you've made your changes, remember that in order for the server to use them you need to do one of the following (choose 1):
  • Copy the edited metaproject.pprj|.pins|.pont files to the default location, <PROTEGE>/examples/server, OR
  • Update run_protege_server.bat (run_protege_server.sh on Unix) to set the METAPROJECT variable to point to your newly updated metaproject.pprj file
Jonathan
Essential Project Team